Monday, November 11, 2013

DIY: Nubian Twists

It's fall time and time to protective style from the harsh elements of the colder weather. I protective style to retain length and to keep my fingers out of my hair. My hair is going through some growing pains with all of my recent hormonal changes I need to keep it styled to prevent further breakage and damage to my ends. I decided I wanted to do my hair myself. It wouldn't be hard right? I didn't want to do Marley twists as they have been all the rage since the summer so I decided to attempt Nubian twists. I say attempt because this is my first time adding extensions to my hair by myself. They turned out ok in some places other places I'm going to have to redo. However, they will last at least 4-6 weeks and I will redo them as needed.

What you will need:
Moisturizer
Rat tail comb
Nubian twist hair
Clips
Scissors




Directions:
1. Moisturize your hair before installing each twist.
2. Section your hair deciding how big you want each twist to be.
3. Remove Nubian twist hair from packet.


I decided to cut the longer piece in two to get a shorter more natural twist look.
4. I separated the cut hair to prepare to add it onto my hair.
5. I added each piece by folding it in half around my sectioned hair and began to braid them twist. I did not pull my edges tight to cause further stress.
6. Once completed with that twists I moved to the next until my entire head was completed. It took me 3.5 hours to do my entire head. Also, I only used 2 packs of Nubian twist hair.

These are the results. They aren't perfect but I do like the challenge of perfecting this protective style.










Keep the Faith!

Until next time,
~E

No comments:

Post a Comment